Tuesday, April 21, 2009

what I'm going to miss about Heritage Halls and freshman year

The triangular half step on the stairs that I always trip down.

Having a grocery store ten steps away. Really ten steps.

My ward. Ward, I love you all.

Our main floor creeper window. Making friends is so easy with it.

Being a freshman and blaming behavior on that simple fact.

Never using the land line phone.

Having the majority of the boys be preemies so we really are just friends- they have missions!

Cheap laundry- 75 wash/ 25 dry

The basement piano that is played at all hours of the day.

Playing 1, 2, 3, He's Mine!

The fun of our litchen- living room/kitchen

Automatically having $30 on my signature card every Monday.

The original quote wall :)

Hall meetings.

The people outside my bedroom window that play games at all hours of the night.

The Lawbrary.

Double boys. That's right. Our ward had twice as many.

Having a main lobby and fireplaces.

Ironing in the kitchen as everyone stares at you.

Having the dumpster and recycle bins around the corner.

Tunnel singing.

Having The Chronicles of Narnia- University 101 version in our window all year long.

Living two minutes from campus.

The pictures of random men on our fridge- Dustin, Anthony, Troy, Jesse Marsh, Becham, Henry, Todd.

Using the backdoor as the front door.

The make-out space outside the backdoor- perfect place for late night talks.

Being close enough that I can go home for lunch, naps, forgotten books...

Being locked out of my bedroom and asking Kelly for help to get back in.

Church at the Conference Center.

Tons of cupboard space.

RAs- really they're awesome and I love them.

The trees outside with their gorgeous pink blossoms.

The cinder block, non-soundproof walls.

Dead silent sacrament meetings.

Getting into the house through the window.

Shenanigans- and how we get away with them because we're freshmen.

Living with five of the most incredible girls ever.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Yes. I can say I agree with 97.453% of these comments.
Having the Creamdawg so close was a DEFINITE blessing.
Oh, and the boy factor. That was pretty awesome too.
And the Lawbrary. Good times.
I'm gonna miss it too.