Monday, September 21, 2009

Reflection 1

What was your motive for serving in BYUSA?
Originally, I came to BYUSA with the full intent of running for president. I didn't fully understand the organization; I just wanted the position and the power that came with it. Now after approximately a year of service with these wonderful people I've gained a greater understanding of all the work that goes into helping the student body. BYUSA and service with the group is not a cush-cush thing as I had originally perceived it.

My motives have changed. Drawing from my patriarchal blessing I've gained a greater understanding on why I am to be here. Service is and will continue to be a very important part of my life.

How will you apply the Divine-centered leadership principles in your home, community, and future career?
In my home I will strive to create a more loving environment. It is very important that when we have roommate council meetings and decide to enact new standards (ie making sure we're really doing our dishes) that I live up to what I committed to. I will need to be sure that I'm seeing others through the eyes of Christ.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Run for president? Now that you know what you're in for, would you still want to?

Did some of your post get cut off? :)