Friday, October 31, 2008

field trip

Gah! I was doing better at remembering to write these earlier. I guess that's just what happens as I get busier and busier. During class last time, we relocated to the JFSB gallery of the history behind Joseph Smith, BYU and institute/seminary. I'd have to say my favorite part of the exhibit was the art. What can I say? I'm a nerd like that. There was an oculus in the ceiling, the stunning spiral staircase that incorporates so many different mediums, and the simple paintings and pictures that hang on the walls. There was a bit of underlying symbolism with the light, vines and Shepard- each was to remind you of Christ.

I wandered the area with Katie and Gracie, but really didn't take in much of the actual displays. It's one place on campus that I want to be able to fully enjoy on my own time. I'll return... with camera in hand.

No comments: