Friday, October 3, 2008

online myMAP

Alright,so this last week we received a wonderful email informing us to take an online quiz through FA to better assess this incoming class, its needs, and our personal goals. The test really was like any other personality analyzer I'd gone through in the past; usually there's at least one a year through some sort of program. So, take the test and thought that'd just be it- JK! So then there's all this pondering about the questions they'd ask. Do I really have good study skills? Am I sleeping enough?

A few days later I found an email in my inbox- the results were in! Click the link and it takes me to a page on the BYU website that has all sorts of cool information. It showed my ranking on the assessment in comparison to the others that took it and had lots of background information that gave more background to the questions they asked. And the graphics were user friendly! If they had done the application process with something as simple and straight forward as that, I would have had a lot less stress.

This weekend is General Conference and it's pretty much like another holiday down here. Kids are plotting how to get home, get tickets and how/where to watch. Personally, my Mom and sister are coming down Friday, a friend is taking me to the morning session Saturday, and then I have a birthday party Saturday afternoon. I may be coming home Saturday night (with all my laundry done at home for free) and then just chill, study, and watch gen con down here at home.

A lot of the questions on the test were about homesickness. I think I'll be homesick when I go up this weekend. This is home. This is where I live. I love my family, I've just gained another one down here. If you're one of the one's dealing with thoughts of home, meet new people and make friends like crazy. You feel cool when you can say hi to everyone you meet, and it really puts you into the community down here.

I have another goal I'm working on- every one's names in the ward learned by the end of the month. Once I have the ward menu, I'm studying up!

No comments: