Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ron Jones

Bro. Jones described his career path and an experience where he received a recommendation from the President of Dixie State College. This recommendation came because of Bro. Jones reputation as someone who would follow through on any assignments he received. Please describe what practices you will engage to make sure that you are considered someone who is reliable in completing projects.

This is definitely an area that I'm working on. To improve I'm working at doing a better job calendaring out what I need to do. As part of my Leadership Development plan at the end of last semester I made a commitment to keep all of my to-dos on my Google Calendar. I can expand this process by adding day-to-day tasks to keep me on track with my deadlines. I can also improve my delegation; this is not a skill that I'm very good at. I need to be more trusting of others on my team and willing to share some of my responsibilities with them.


Bro. Jones mentioned the opportunities that he has had to be an example for those who are not members of the church and has been an influence for changing opinions about Mormons. Please describe how you will consider the opportunity to make friends for the Church as you start and grow your career.

When Ron said this, my thoughts immediately went to my patriarchal blessing. I know that my faith and example are going to be something that influences others both inside and outside of the Church. I know that I am someone that needs to be involved in what is going on and plan to continue this trend as a grow older by participating in my local government and community groups. I feel blessed to have my family and the history behind my testimony. I know that many of the experiences from my past have made me who I am today and influence how I treat and think about others.


Bro. Jones described his work on the Festival of the American West. One aspect that made that event succesful was the inclusion of many different people and allowing them to shine with their talents. Please explain how this concept of involving others and allowing them to utilize and showcase their talents relate to our practice of leadership in BYUSA and in the future.

Again, I feel like this was something that I was much better at last year. In my current position I seem to be seeking after people that are already interested in learning more about public relations. I can continue to invite others into the office, especially as I hear about events that might interest them.

In BYUSA we seek to invite all to come and experience more. We strive to offer things that will apply to many people. -I've given the office tour so many times! I there's too much to type out here for all the different types of things for people to learn about and develop talents in.- As we continue into the future, I see it to be very important, especially with my position over public relations, to be willing to engage in dialogue with the student body and truly be the best sort of organization that is serving them to the best of our vision.

No comments: