Sunday, September 7, 2008

downside of the Y

Attitude is everything. I cannot even begin to express how honored I feel about being able to attend this university. All throughout high school I was known as the happy outgoing girl that would be anyone's friend through thick and thin. While I met those that didn't exactly hold the same values that I did, I had hoped that those I would encounter at the Y would all be of the same high character that I so respect. Unfortunately I have found that this isn't the case. The most disturbing thing I have encountered so far are the individuals that choose not to follow the Honor Code.

Those that ignore the Honor Code really don't strike me as people I want to associate with. I understand that by following the rules, I gain more personal freedom. The Honor Code was at the top of the list on reasons why I wanted to attend BYU. I don't want to know the loop holes. I'm striving to stay as far away from the grey area as possible.

No comments: