Monday, September 15, 2008

downside- whatevs!

I am so glad that I have the opportunity to attend Brigham Young University. I love the professors, making my own food and hanging out with whoever-whenever. I’m sorta known as the partier among my roommates. This could be perhaps because I’m out all night playing games instead of really getting my work done. There’ve been a couple of times where I’ve been in a guy’s dorm past curfew but that doesn’t really matter- the Honor Code isn’t really even enforced so I can pretty much do what I want.
I was talking to this Junior kid last week and he was telling me all the ways to get around the “law.” Psch. It’s so easy. I don’t really like my roommates eating my applesause so I’ve been contemplating buying a mini fridge and putting it in my closet. The RAs and HAs don’t check there so you can stash whatever you want. I brought all my candles down too- I just can’t live without my sweet vanilla sugar burning all the time.
Plus, down here there’s like no dress code! I can totally bring out my mini skirt and just wear my cute leggings I bought over the summer- presto! Modest outfit!
I was in lab last week for my Physical Science class and it’s so easy to just copy the group work down. No stress! We were supposed to ride up and down this elevator like dorks and measure the difference in “contact force.” I hate science. No time for that in my life! So I just got one of the other girl’s papers and took down her notes. Turned it in and nobody’s the wiser.
Seriously guys. Signing the Honor Code paper doesn’t really do anything to you. We’re kids! Live up your life!

1 comment:

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha, dude, I spent one weekend on BYU campus a few semesters back, and the honor code was annoying. I needed to use the bathroom in the guys dorm and they wouldn't let me. At this I screamed "I signed no documents or anything, and your honor code does not affect me!" And I forced my way into the bathroom. I was so proud of me!

Ha ha, but BYU is fun. I was kinda the party girl in my dorm too. I wasn't up to anything bad, but I would still come home at anywhere from 4-7 in the morning. (I was watching an addicting old TV show on DVD called Firefly... yep, scandalous.)

Anyway, hope things are going well for you! It sounds like they are.