Thursday, September 18, 2008

hula happenins

On this assignment I'll admit I procrastinated. Reading President Eyring's talk really inspired me and learning a hula to go with it only made me think of my art history teacher from last year. While I'm obnoxiously outgoing, I didn't quite want to look the part of a fool in front of my peers.. really my dancing skills are nill.

But it must be completed! I had taped it- I adore my camera but that's a whole other story- and decided to review it a couple of times before venturing out tonight. Once I had it pretty good I set out to my victims... err, anxious pupils.

I decided to go to Maser Hall- with three long time guy friends from middle school not in FA, they wouldn't let me down :) Will West wast first and only too happy to swivel his hips just a bit too much and help me out. Thanks Will. Then a quick jaunt across the basement took me to Mike and Tanner. At first they were very skeptical of my motives and made me perform like the uncoordinated fool I am. Upon being reassured it was for a homework assignment they stood and allowed themselves to be molded. Muah ha ha ha! Hopefully they have it down pat. Special thanks goes out to Will's unsuspecting roommate Matt Randall and dear Jenn Wright for just being in a wrong place wrong time situation and learning as well.


I still need to meet with an advisement center to meet my goal-- I'll attempt to schedule that tomorrow. I'm also working on uploading the video I taped in class. It's really high quality though and Facebook isn't quite sophisticated to handle its awesome at this time.

And if I have time in the near future, I'll find and post the link to Eyring's talk and our/my notes on it. Maybe favorite quotes? We'll see.

No comments: