Friday, September 26, 2008

people and the brain

This is coming just a bit later at night-- slipped my mind for a bit. In our last class we talked about the brain and how it influences us as people. Along with a link to our Humanities class in discussing the Sophic and Mantic individual, we discussed testimonies and how we can know that truth is before us by recognizing the witness of the Holy Ghost.

I paid attention to this in my other classes this last week to see if I would really know when truth was before me. My Book of Mormon class had many faith strengthening moments.. something I usually expect from doctrine study. What I really came to know this last week with the Holy Ghost's witness is the importance of my Physical Science course. While it's just a basic GE, I know that the things I am learning in it now will help me in the Eternities as I create my own Worlds.

Kahi was hit by a car just the day before class last week and is an incredible trooper. He made the trek on his crutches to each of his classes. I know first hand being hit by a car is not the greatest feeling in the world, especially when all the soreness sets in the following day. Everyone's doing a great job of helping him out. I should see if I can visit him tomorrow. That'd be a good plan.

No comments: